New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I am chair of a local community enterprise in a small town…

Customer Question
I am chair of...

I am chair of a local community enterprise in a small town in Northland. We have been granted a small recycling contract by our District Council. However, despite the Mayor agreeing to a well established, credible organisation being the contract holders and acting as our legal entity and with our volunteers providing the labour force, a Council staffer is giving us a flat NO Ant suggestions please?.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The proposed legal entity CEO, presented a submission to our Community Board who approved the application and forwarded it to the Council's CEO who passed it on to said staffer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it for now thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
11/17/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today.

I suspect that this may be an issue where you should go over the head of the council staff and talk to the CEO and the mayor. But if they defer to this staff member, perhaps the next step is to ask for Official Information about this so you may get some background. The problem with a tender process is that the council can choose to accept or reject your tender, and legally it is hard to get over that hurdle