New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I purchased a property and there is a pipe that leads from…

Customer Question
I purchased a property...

I purchased a property and there is a pipe that leads from the pool that floods the driveway every time the pipe is used to manage the water level for the pool. Nobody disclosed this with us prior to buying the property. Upon closer inspection of the photos on the Harcourts website, you can see the stains where the pool water has continuously came up into the driveway form the burst pipe and can see that the bricks in the driveway have started to sink. We didn't get a builder's report prior to buying the property but it is one of those things that the previous owner would have definitely known. Is there a legal duty of responsibility to disclose this to us prior to purchase? Thanks.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Contacting you is our first step.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Rangiora town

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
11/13/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today.

Did you buy property through a real estate agent, as real estate agents who have duties of disclosure