New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I've was given aname Un noteified protection order under…

Customer Question
I've was given aname...

I've was given aname Un noteified protection order under false and misleading leading statements made by my ex partner. Along with having to vacate our property within 2.5 hours on a friday with no support from Police or offered a support person. I had to leave with some clothes and some food. Leaving behind many of my personal items and nothing to sleep on and no where to go. I'm still paying off all the payment for many items we purchased 6 days before seperation. He is not paying a cent. TV, washing machine etc. I have no fridge or even a bed to sleep in. Im living in my new place with pretth much nothing. My daughters passed away some years back before this relation and I've had to leave behind a lot of them memorabilia. Worries what he will do to it. Even my phone charger and I've still got clothes a the address. I couldn't think straight and just left as he was watching me with a friend. Didn't even think about food. Is it an offense if he has lied when fill out the order if I've got photos, txt and audio proof. Pauline

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Opps, lot of little mistakes in there but I'm sure you will understand what I'm saying.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

He's not been very helpful thought out the seperation. If he had if acted on a letter I'd sent just 4 days before I wouldn't be in this position. My lawyer has written 2 settlements up and a 3rd drafted ready to send but just changing things to suit between lawyers. I've been now billed just over a $1000 and I'm worse off than when I started. Been asking for quotes on possession but they just not responding. His lawyer just keeps making excuses to get out of including things that should be after a 10 year relationship. Because I'm very Unwell, using all my sick day and holidays. Ready to be hospitalized for my weight loose. Im struggling to get any other help with legal. Now I'm trying to deal with these orders made against me. I'm struggling

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Reading the protection order has been difficult due to the dugusting and low alagation made against me I'm finding because I'm emotional attached to this I'm just going with what I'm told and are loosing faith. Not sure where to turn to for help. Have not much idea on my legal rites.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
Hi
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help with your question today
You can apply to set aside the protection order and apply to the Family Court for division of property. But I wonder if some family mediation may be the next step, so you can sort out the problems without going to Court. An independent facilitator may help sort the separation without spending much more on legal fees
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer