New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Do i need a lawyer for a hearing. Liquor licensing. A police…

Customer Question
Do i need a...

Do i need a lawyer for a hearing

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Liquor licensing

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes a police report for bar manager having a drink with patrons on the premises and a duty manager was working whule still in process of getting her certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the police was called to the premises because a young man came in drunk and dissorderly and was causing havoc. police didnt arrive until 2 hours later

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
10/1/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
It may be useful because the police are pretty tough on the licensee and the manager in this sort of case. The penalties can include suspension of the licence and problems with renewal so these need to be handled carefully