New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

What do it mean if someone go to the police and lay an

Customer Question
What do it mean...

What do it mean if someone go to the police and lay an common assault gains me

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Auckland nz, i dont know

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She also lay an obsession at me at work and that is hoe i know about the common assault

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
If she has made a complaint to the Police they will want to talk about this with you, and you have the option of doing so, although if you don’t want to say anything you are free to refuse
you can decline to discuss this. If you think there is an issue you may want to instruct a lawyer and talk about the best strategy to respond
If I decline what can happen. What lawyer will be the best to see regarding this. Would this show up as an offence or does it need to be taken further.to court ..... What is the best to do according to your knowledge ?

If you decline to discuss this, they can still charge you and lay a complaint in court. This would mean you would need to defend the charge or if something did happen, you would need to decide to deal with this by a plea of guilty or ask for diversion, if this was a first offence