New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I wondered if there is any scrutineering of our electoral…

Customer Question
I wondered if there...

I wondered if there is any scrutineering of our electoral system by the united nations or a similar body for fairness. As far as I can see it is rigged by the media coverage towards the two main parties. The others received little coverage and in some instances negative coverage

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Bay of Plenty new zealand

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know of. People just blindly accept the status quo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope. Basically I am just trying to find out what my rights of protest are including going to any international body that is qualified to investigate

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington. I will be helping you with your questions today

The elections are an entirely domestic, as opposed to international process. So there is no supervision by any international body like the UN

Issues like media coverage have to be dealt with by local bodies such as the Press Council or the Electoral Commission

Thank you

Because we are a sovereign nation, no other country or international body can interfere with our elections, although they could criticise if there were major flaws.

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer