New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Asking for a friend ....after 2 years able. Asking for a…

Customer Question
Asking for a friend...

Asking for a friend ....after 2 years able

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Asking for a friend ...after 2 years she will have divorce and then the 1 year the other party can claim ...is that the final of the procedure ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

She has very much

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will talk to my friend before going any further ...it is over 3 years since the start of the divorce

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/23/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

There are several time periods which are important. After you separate, and then after two years then you can apply for the marriage to be dissolved. Any relationship property applications should be made now, and the time to apply to the Family Court expires one year after the dissolution of the marriage. But its a good idea to start sooner rather later to divide the property

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer