New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

On behalf of my partner who has got a letter for

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi on...

Second opinion] Hi on behalf of my partner who has got a letter for deportation. He wants to make it right by staying here in nz permanently for the sake of his 6month old son amyself that he is committed too. Is there any way to help him?? Please.we do not want him to get deported back and it's making me worried,please help..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes I have , they have said to request a section 61 ..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No , will they be able to help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is unlawful to be staying here but he is willing to change that

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/22/2017
Solicitor: serish khan, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
serish khan
serish khan, Lawyer

Hi there, i would be happy to help with your query. Basically he can still apply for a section 61 request but this will not stop them from deporting him if he has received a letter for deportation. If he does not leave within those time frames they can forcefully deport him and then he would not be able to re-enter the country for at least 5 years. If he leaves of his own accord that would be different. Was there anything else in particular you wanted to know?