New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Here is my case, Auckland, New zealand, I just want to know…

Customer Question
Here is my case, ...

Here is my case,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Auckland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

New zealand

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know more for student visa under section 61

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
My case is here, " I came here on student visa for level 5 & 6 study and i have submitted offer letter for both levwl study and got student visa for level 5 in first place. Then after the course i got the job from my study and apply work visa. Unfortunately declined then i applied section 61 for the same and today its also decline. So if i want to resume my study for level 6 which was genuine intentions when i have applied first student visa. So is it possible to get visa under any ither option like section 61 or tribunal.
My main query is how INZ gonna proceed my request
9/18/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington. I will be helping you with your questions today

I have write down my whole scenario above

If your visa has not expired then you can apply for a further student visa. If you were previously granted a visa for level 6, and all the other usual conditions have been satisfied then you should be able to get this.

Actually my interim visa was expired after the INZ gave me the decesion then i apply Section 61 request for the sane work visa but they've declined again yesterday
My concern is if I want to continue my level 6 study can i apply my student visa under section 61?

Its much harder to apply for a new visa after your original visa has expired, and if you aplied under s61 for the original visa there is not much more which can be done, as there is no appeal from a s61 decision. Your only remedy is judicial review which is only a small chance of success and very expensive for the legal fees

I know i can't appeal or challnge the previous Section 61's decision which is for my work visa. But now can i apply freash section 61 appeal for my student visa

The problem is that you cannot apply for a new visa after the old one has expired. You will likely have to leave and apply again, and avoid the possibility of being deported, as that then means a 5 years stand down period before you can apply again

Okk so only judicial review is the only gate for me. And ggeneralky how much time it takes for decesion
Generally *

The cases take months and up to a year but the chances are still not high you will succeed

okay

Thank you for using this service. When you are ready you can accept the answer by rating the answers which I have given.