New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I am a solo dad(Employed) with two boys 9 & 12.My ex took me…

Customer Question
I am a solo...

I am a solo dad(Employed) with two boys 9 & 12.My ex took me to court as the elder child didn't want to see her as he has mental health issues his mother inflicted on him as a young age.Mental Health recommendations was for my son to get better before he wished to meet her again.As she didn"t wait,the Family Court over turned mental health advice & i was made to force my son to visit her or i was to be sent to prison for 3mths for not letting my son visit.This was enforced by judge Stephen Coyle & it caught all three lawyers of guard as they hadn"t experienced an outcome like that before.The court papers state,she is to see boys for a weekend at the end of every month,one week of each school holiday & 3 weeks over every xmas break,to date,she sees them when she desires & i have just received a doctors certificate saying she has a medical condition & cant have boys over the coming holidays.I do note,on the certificate it says:To Collect" so she hasn"t actually seen the doctor,but taken her word she crook.What has actually happened is that her & her partner have split up & she no longer has a baby sitter over the holiday period.She keeps breaching the condition,she set out with the court,so where do i stand as i too have a life & need a break from the boys.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Family court is in Timaru but hearing was in Oamaru

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No,as my last one was on the gravy train,so wont be using her again

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Suggest a good Family Court lawyer in Timaru

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/13/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today

You could try a local like

Name:Teresa Lawrence

Firm:Teresa Lawrence Lawyer

Address:PO Box 979
Timaru 7940

Telephone:03(###) ###-####/p>

Fax:

Email:*****@******.***

There is another law firm based in Christchurch who are very effective and also will not charge you too much. They operate throughout the South Island and it may be a good choice if you don't want to use someone local

Name:Erin Ebborn

Firm:Ebborn Law Ltd

Address:PO Box 291
Christchurch 8040

Telephone:0800 339 223

Fax:

Email:

Website:http://www.ebbornlaw.co.nz/

Both of these lawyers will probably suggest that you try FDR family mediation to try to resolve the contact and parenting issues. That is certainly a much cheaper option than going back to the family court, and it can be set up quite quickly

Terassa Lawerance is my ex partners lawyer.I have painstakinly gone through parenting orders & found what i require,so i ended up answering my own querry.Didnt really get a detailed responce for $60,hence the "Gravy Train" i mentioned regarding my previous lawyer.No further corospondence is required

I hope that you can find what you need, but you can continue to ask clarifying questions until you have the details which you require. It's not just question and one answer – you can keep asking till you have what you need

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer