Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have started a limited liability company in the US and

Customer Question

Hi, I have started a limited liability company in the US and reside in Newzealand. The business model is purchasing products online in China and then selling them on Amazon.com using their fulfillment centres meaning I can store my products in their warehouses for a limited time and they take care of customer support and distribution. My question is, can I start a company in Newzealand in order to manage or own my US company. Also, what exactly do tell nz Inland revenue department. thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington. I will be helping you with your questions today

You can start a New Zealand company which is not that difficult as you reside here. This company can own overseas assets like the shares without any problem. If the US company pays dividends to the New Zealand company then the NZ company will need to declare this income, as with any other income which it may earn in New Zealand