New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Our RDA Group had an internal conducted. The reviewer

Customer Question
Our RDA Group had...

Our RDA Group had an internal conducted. The reviewer conducted the review in a very unprofessional and unpleasant manner. The manager put in a bullying and harassment complaint to NZRDA their National body. NZRDA refused to allow another reviewer to complete the audit and are now going to disaffiliate our Group for non compliance. Our Group tried to comply with everything asked but the requirements kept changing. Is there anything we can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Waikato

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Our RDA is an independent Group. The manager has a full time position. The problem is not with our Group but the National body we are affiliated with.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there any body we caan appeal to? NZRDA has no independent body for appeals - we would have to appeal to the person our manager put in a bullying and harassment complaint to.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/11/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

In this situation I would suggest that some mediation should be tried rather than escalating the issues. The alternative would be judicial review of the review, which would mean a proceeding filed in the High Court at some expense. If this internal review was so unfair, you may succeed but at some costs and damage to the relationships. A mediation would enable a confidential and binding resolution of the matter and enable evryone to move on. I would suggest an experienced employment mediator could help facilitate this.

Thank you. It is a difficult situation and sound advice.

Thank you for the reply and for using this site. You may ask further questions or rate this answer when you are ready.