New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

I received a phone call from a layer less than an hour ago

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi I received a phone call from a layer less than an hour ago telling me that my wife had a Notification of Without Notice applications filed and she was granted full custody of our child. I took the call while working in my office at home and waiting for my wife and 5-year old son to come home after school. The lawyer also emailed me two documents titled MEMORANDUM OF JUDGE A B LENDRUM - WITHOUT NOTICE APPLICATION, CARE OF CHILDREN ACT and Form COC Interim Parenting Orders. Documents which I do not understand. I am in shock as my son has not come home tonight and is staying (as far as I know) with my wife and her parents who live not far away from our family home. I tried to talk to my wife but her parents told me to go home and not to come back there was an order. I asked when I can see my son and they told me that I will be advised. Can you please help me.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry my name is ***** ***** please let me know if you can point me to the right direction or if you require more information. Thanks
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I have not, my wife and i have had problems for a while but I was not prepared for this development and am in a state of shock for lack of a better word
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can forward the documents I was emailed by my wife's lawyer earlier, if that would help shed some more light
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry is this not a New Zealand based service.. I am in Auckland New Zealand.
9/8/2017
Solicitor: serish khan, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
serish khan
serish khan, Lawyer

Hi there, i would be more than happy to help wiht your query. If you like we can talk over the phone. I will try to send you a request through the system and then you just have to give your number and i can call you. It appears your wife has made applications without notice (on an urgent basis) for custody of your child. This means that a judge makes orders in your absence as they view the situation seriously.

Hi there, did you still need help with your query?

serish khan
serish khan
serish khan, Lawyer