New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I booed a holiday in Australia and took out full insurance…

Customer Question
I booed a...

I booed a holiday in Australia and took out full insurance cover for my wife who has dementia and seizures before consulting the doctor who now does not recommend that she travels. Will I lose the cover if we do travel ? I had told the insurance company that we were not ravelliing against medical advice before contacting the doctor

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We live in NZ and are travelling to Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have paid for the trip and the insurance cover

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/8/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Chris The Lawyer
Did you disclose her medical issues to the insurance company? That is important because insurance policies require this otherwise they won't pay out.
In addition even if you have made full disclosure the subsequent medical advice that she should not travel may enable the insurer to avoid payment if you make a claim.