How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23066
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I booed a holiday in Australia and took out full insurance

Customer Question

I booed a holiday in Australia and took out full insurance cover for my wife who has dementia and seizures before consulting the doctor who now does not recommend that she travels. Will I lose the cover if we do travel ? I had told the insurance company that we were not ravelliing against medical advice before contacting the doctor
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We live in NZ and are travelling to Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have paid for the trip and the insurance cover
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 month ago.
Did you disclose her medical issues to the insurance company? That is important because insurance policies require this otherwise they won't pay out.
In addition even if you have made full disclosure the subsequent medical advice that she should not travel may enable the insurer to avoid payment if you make a claim.