New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I got my resident visa last year in november with my partner…

Customer Question
I got my resident...

I got my resident visa last year in november with my partner and she is a new zealand cotizen .

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

My relationship is not hoing well just because of her best friend .

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

If i will do breakup then should i inform immigration about my partnership statis

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: New Zealand Law
8/7/2017
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi

I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today

If you have a visa which is dependent on partnership, and the relationship comes to an end, then if you inform Immigration they are likely to bring your partnership visa to an end. If you want to stay in New Zealand you are best to wait until you have moved to permanent residency, which is no longer dependent on your part. Otherwise there could be difficulties and you may be required to leave