How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14931
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On Friday my neighbours trimmed trees and hedging on my

Customer Question

Hi, On Friday my neighbours trimmed trees and hedging on my property for the second time despite being denied permission on four occasions. I had to call the Police to attend but no action apart from a warning to the neighbours resulted. Can I take out a restraining order against property damage as it seems these pwople have no respect for me or my property?
JA: Is there an easement or public access on the property line?
Customer: No.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Please expand? Police attended, I imagine they wrote up their reports.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you using NZ law ort are you overseas?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.


I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington. I will be helping you with your questions today

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

If the police will not take any action you could give the neighbour trespass notices and give a copy to the police. Then if they come over again you can make a complaint about the breach of the notices. If they did any undue damage you could bring a claim in the Disputes Tribunal for the costs.