How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14934
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone is trying to stop my Daughter from leaving new

Customer Question

Hello there, someone is trying to stop my Daughter from leaving new zealand by serving papers to appear in court. If she has not been served the papers, can she just leave ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Christchurch
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We think so but we don't know the details except that we do know that it is entirely malicious.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that it is possibly family or child Law ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

Normally documents about children are logged into the computer at the border but it depends on what this is about. Is this a civil, criminal or family matter?