Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Have had a tenancy Tribunal adjudicator rule that because I

Customer Question

Have had a tenancy Tribunal adjudicator rule that because I moved into rental property before three weeks notice period tenant does not have to pay three weeks rent in,lieu of 21 days notice.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hawera ,Taranaki, New Zealand
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Adjudicator ruling said because I had not supplyed evidence when I moved in
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 5 months ago.

When you attended before the tribunal, did you provide evidence as to the date you moved in? Did you tell the tenant you were moving in? Did you give proper notice to the tenant in writing?

If you have evidence of these matters, but did not bring this before the tribunal, you could try asking for a rehearing of the tribunal decision. That would not necessarily be easy to obtain, and you would need to explain why that evidence was not available at the 1st hearing