How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22894
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was enquiring if you would assist in any violent related

Customer Question

HiI was enquiring if you would assist in any violent related courses or anger management courses for my husband who is currently serving .
He is preparing himself for his parole board and due to being at low risk these are not offered to him at the prisonHope to hear from you soon
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He is at low risk on a charge "intent to injure" and he is not eligible to any courses at the prison therefore he is wishing to do it for his own betterment to stand in front of the parole board in july
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we are in the process of getting a court of appeal date
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he has a appeal in the IPT for deportation
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 7 months ago.

Has he been sentenced and for how long in jail? Unfortunately there are few courses available in prison, and if he cannot access anything in the jail where he is at present, then he cannot attend courses unless he was given special permission from the prison authorities. That is unlikely to be given, as it is unusual.

Related New Zealand Law Questions