How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22970
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to apply legal aid. Auckland, I have two proceedings

Customer Question

Hi . I want to apply legal aid.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Auckland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have two proceedings in high court and family court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the case has lasted three years, my ex partner sued me in high court and I sued him in family court
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

If you have a lawyer acting for you, you can ask them to make the application. They will need to have a provider contract with Legal Services to do so, so if they dont have this, you would need to find another lawyer who does have a contract. If you are not working you could qualify for legal aid, but the income level is fairly low for you to be eligible. I can give you a better idea as to eligibility if you let me know the income status. i could also suggest some names of lawyers with provider contracts if you need this