How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22893
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Of ***********************************. I,am looking at

Customer Question

My name is WILLIAM ****** of ***********************************. I,am looking at taking out a personnal loan . I own my house so i want to take a loan on that JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: can i ring you because i,am not very good at typing. JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: no i just want to know the nuts and bolts of this JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: no

Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 7 months ago.

You have a number of options, including applying to your bank. They will want to know your income and ability to pay any loan, and any other debts if you have any. It's fairly easy to register a mortgage for the loan, and any local lawyer will be able to help with the papers. Once you sign the documents the bank will advance the loan. If you don't think your bank will help there are other lenders, although they usually charge much more interest. I can suggest some if you want.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was thinking of going on the reverse mortgage scheme if thats possible.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 7 months ago.

There are some lenders who specialise in this. You will need a lawyer to help with the papers though. Do you need some names of lenders and lawyers?

Related New Zealand Law Questions