How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22986
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a uplift without notice on my 2 grandkids..i have

Customer Question

There is a uplift without notice on my 2 grandkids..i have these 2 with me..they are normally in my daughters care, their father has passed away 2 yrs ago.they arev6 and 4.wat can i do to get the children in my care?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nz
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes..cyps just came back on the scenr
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its a long story of a fight between my daughter and the paternal family
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
You need to instruct a lawyer to make an application for parenting orders. Often these can be sorted by mediation but with the history you may not want to do this. You should qualify for legal aid if you are not working.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
Please ask if you want more detailed explanations
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The paternal Uncle has filed for day to day care..
At the moment im being threatened with kidnapping charges because i wont return boys.i just arrived from Perth yesterday and got the boys off their mother, by chance as they'd hopped in the car with my mother and i at the airport. Cops were waiting for her at her house.
I just want to know what i can do to get them in my care if the paternal family have gone for day to day care?
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
You will need to start the formal process of making an application to the Family Court. Then the judge can listen to the parties and decide where the children should stay