How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14779
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 years ago I purchase a 2013 LDV V80 Big premium van for

Customer Question

2 years ago I purchase a 2013 LDV V80 Big premium van for acourier run went t 2 get a warraht 3 doors on the van would not pass. The hinges on the 2 front doors where broken on the left side door hinge pull out form door frame right sliding door would not slide because it would not stay in top track arm on top of door broken.Went to see dealer ipurchase van from told me to see a panel beater $4000 to fit door. went back to dealer told me he would pay to fit doors not cover under warraht it was wear the van is 2 years old 70 000km a lot of people pus panel sad it is 2 years old dealer should pay because it was sold as a couier van doors get open a lot.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: new zealand
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes dealer was show paid of job and work parts need to do jod
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: offer to pay haft job is being do will be do mon tues I will have to pay before I can take van I brought the van because I did not think I would have doors broken after 2 years
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ready
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

The dealer must help pay for the van repairs, because there are implied terms as to fitness. So if he won't help pay, you can take a claim to the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal, which is a special Tribunal set up for Disputes like this. You don't need a lawyer and they can order him to pay for the repairs. The link for making a claim is

Related New Zealand Law Questions