How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22977
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just starting a new glazing business and wanting help in

Customer Question

just starting a new glazing business and wanting help in charge out rates for me to subcontract to other businesses, an hourly rate and if vehicle and tool rate is part of that rate or a seperate rate that can be in travel costs if what rate that can be. Thanks
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oh sorry I'm in New Zealand does that matter
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no sorry
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks just trying to establish some rates. Thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

There isn't any law which says what you can include in the hourly rate, but it goes more on industry practice. It's not uncommon tô charge for travelling and usually by kilometres actually travelled. But usually you look at what you need to earn from your work, and your overhead costs, and what you want to make for profit, and set that. So work out what your costs are, sat on a weekly basis, then what you need for profit, and divide this by hours you will work. I suggest you also ask what other glaziers are charging and ensure your rates are similar.