How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22827
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In New Zealand, if I want a divorce but get married at

Customer Question

In New Zealand, if I want a divorce but get married at oversea with a foreigner .what should I do? I also have a baby.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.
You can apply for the marriage to be dissolved here if you live here. This means that once you have the sealed order you can use this as proof you are free to marry overseas. It doesn't matter if you have a child. The only ground is you must be separated for more than two years.

Related New Zealand Law Questions