How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22811
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm really just seeking advice about appealing against the

Customer Question

Hi, I'm really just seeking advice about appealing against the level of my Child Support Assessment. I've been through IRD and they have lowered it a bit but aren't really listening. Am I able to fill out the forms myself for the Case to be heard in family Court? Am I liable for costs for the hearing? It seems like an unfair process.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Auckland, New Zealand
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only with IRD
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I've made a spreadsheet of costs and my expenses now outweigh my earnings so I have to work a second job in order to pay my bills.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.
You can apply yourself in the Family Court and present your case. It's not necessary to have a lawyer although many prefer to do so. There is a good Family Court site which will help.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

Related New Zealand Law Questions