How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22831
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lost a tribunal dispute, Ive been ordered to pay by

Customer Question

Hi, I have lost a tribunal dispute, Ive been ordered to pay by the 11 nov, I do not have the funds to pay this amount, discussing a payment option is not possible with the company I need to pay. I contacted the court to set up payment options, they advised me to discuss this with respondent.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: New zealand auckland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dont understand the question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, i havent contacted the respondent.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.
I suggest contact the Collections Department at the court and explain you cannot pay all at once and need time to pay. The court will give you a statement of assets to complete and will ask you to pay by instalments which you can afford.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.
Take thevtribunal order with you and the court staff will assist with the papers.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Chris.What will the process be if I don't pay the court order?Thank you
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

If you dont pay the other party will file the judgment in the District Court and then ask the court registrar to examine youas to your ability to pay your debts. You will be asked how much you earn and wages or get in a benefit and what things you own. At the end of the examination, the registrar will make an order that you make a payment at a suitable amount that you can afford each week or fortnight. If you have assets, the court will sometimes get a charging order and make an application for sale of property. But they only do this if they are worth a reasonable amount of money

Related New Zealand Law Questions