How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22834
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an exporter of a construction machine. I have a

Customer Question

Hello, i am an exporter of a construction machine. I have a Distribution Agreement Contract with my distributor in America, which includes clauses regarding Public Liability covers and indemnity.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry, i am from New Zealand, i was looking for a NZ insurance laywer...
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, we are up-dating our contracts to reflect a name change.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wish to get advise on the correct wording of the Distribution Agreement with regard to insurance cover.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.
Insurance in New Zealand is very different from the US because of the absence of personal injury claims which are covered by ACC. Other insurance policies for assets and for occupational safety and health issues are needed however. You have nor described the wording but let me see your draft of this clause and I can comment

Related New Zealand Law Questions