How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22888
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am advertising my house for sale, but the architect who

Customer Question

I am advertising my house for sale, but the architect who designed the house, doesnt want me to use his name in the advertising. I paid for him to be my architect, the house was designed by him, his name carries a certain value to the house, as he has a good reputation in town. Does he have the right to do this? Can I potentially sue him for the damages in lost value of the house, without his name attached?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 9 months ago.
He can't really stop you because his name will be on the council records as the architect and this is a matter of public record. If you point this out to him perhaps he will back down. It will not be a breach of privacy nor a copyright issue.

Related New Zealand Law Questions