How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a community based organisation and we have a woman

Customer Question

We are a community based organisation and we have a young woman that English is her second language. She got served by the father of her 4 children with a Parenting Order. She took the children to the father in response to the order immediately on the same day. What can she do in response to that in order for her to see her children while going through the response process please?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I assume you are in NZ? we are in Auckland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: By who?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The mother is devastated and going through emotional distress because she misses her children range from the ages of 12, 9, 7 and 3. She separated from the children's father in 2011 but he kept coming back to them in need of somewhere to stay. They had never been in a couple relationship since 2011 but she loves her children and that is her reason of accepting the children's father to hang around.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

It seems unusual that the children have been taken away if she has been looking after the children for the last five years. She needs to see a lawyer as a matter of urgency to file an application in response. Normally parenting and contact issues are first dealt with by FDR mediation. If she has not been through mediation, and this is come out of the blue, then she urgently needs to see a lawyer and apply for legal aid to investigate what has happened and to start the contact procedure. If you need some names of lawyers I can make some suggestions if you confirm your suburb

Related New Zealand Law Questions