How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was off work last year after a trail bike accident and was

Customer Question

I was off work last year after a trail bike accident and was compensated with acc ,then returned to work for 6 months but the shoulder wasn't right so have had surgary ,now acc want to pay compensation based on my last ird return instead of reinstating at the pre crash rate , my most recent ird return is when i was off work injured, the surgary was dont under the original claim number, this seems unfair to me ,
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Zealand
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not sure what you are asking
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

I am reading this now

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

ACC can use a number of different dates to calculate your earnings related compensation. In this case, if they have relied on the rate of earnings based on the compensation, that does seem unfair and you can ask for a review of the decision so that you want to claim for the wages before the original accident. You should first tell ACC you want to review the decision, and ask them to change, but if they refuse, then you will need to make the formal application for a review about the correct rate. If you want, I can give you the link for the form to use

Related New Zealand Law Questions