How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22897
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Any lump sum payouts for nz dhb heathcare assistant due to

Customer Question

Any lump sum payouts for nz dhb heathcare assistant due to needle jab, other staff negligence, 6 months ago with ongoing tests
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

If you received any compensation for an accidental needle jab, it would be through accident compensation. But there is no lump sum payment under that system. There is also a possibility of a prosecution under the occupational safety and health provisions of the Health and Safety in Employment Act. Under this act, it is possible to get a payment for compensation, but the health board would need to be prosecuted successfully and there would need to be a claim for compensation for you made by the prosecutor. Any workplace accident should be reported to Work Safe New Zealand, and they will also make a call on whether to prosecute

Related New Zealand Law Questions