How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22821
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married in a registry office to someone who deceived

Customer Question

I was married in a registry office to someone who deceived me as soon as we were married he took off and I haven't seen him since its been 16 years how do I divorce or have it annulled or dissolved I have no clue where he is
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It was actually in nz
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not at all
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm getting married to my long time hubby next yr
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
The grounds for dissolving a marriage are separation for more than two years. You don't need a formal agreement but just actually separate. There is a really good site to make your own application for the dissolution including the forms and what to do when you cannot find your ex partner. Here is the link, and feel free to ask about the use of these
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

Related New Zealand Law Questions