New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

I have been charged with unnecessary exhibition of speed or

Customer Question
Hi I have been charged...
Hi I have been charged with unnecessary exhibition of speed or acceleration in contravention of sect 22A(1) I pleaded not guilty they have me clocked at 100km/h but are alleging that I was going 130km/h. On the night I had my parents car impounded for 28 days and lost my license was suspended for 28 days
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: New Zealand Law
9/2/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Chris The Lawyer
Are you asking what will happen next? You will likely lose your licence for 6 months plus a fine, but you can defend this. However you should get the police disclosure first before you decide whether they have enough evidence and the right charge, and consider if you want to use a lawyer to defend this
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer