How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a divorce fast, We have been separted since may2012,

Customer Question

I need a divorce fast
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We have been separted since may2012
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A law firm in invercargill filed something in court but my x has been off the grid and is not responding to emails so i hired a pi and have found her address in chch
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I live in aussie and need the divorce done fast
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
The only grounds to get a marriage dissolved are separation for more than two years. There isn't a fast track unfortunately

Related New Zealand Law Questions