How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22986
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My (step)son, Oliver, was diagnosed with paranoid

Customer Question

My (step)son, Oliver, was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in Wellington in about 1981.
It has recently come to my notice that the drug mefloquine (Lariam, Roche) has been associated withg or implicated in the development of psychiatric disorders, and that class actions are in progress in various parts of the world against Roche.
Oliver took daily Lariam as a malaria prophylaxis for several years in the late 'seventies whilst the family was resident in Papua New Guinea.
His mother, from whom I am divorced, wishes to explore the possibility of taking legal action seeking compensation on Oliver's behalf for loss of earnings, pain and suffereing and so forth.
Can you suggest a legal professional with appropriate knowledge and experience with whom she might communicate to explore how to pursue this matter further?
(Dr) John Mills
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest someone like Sonya Cooper of Cooper Legal in Wellington or John Millar also of Wellington. Their address are as follows
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oliver and his mother are resident in Auckland - any recommendations for barristers there, please?
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Try this firm