New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

I would like to know what forms do I need to complete to

Customer Question
Hello, I would like to...
Hello, I would like to know what forms do I need to complete to appose a welfare guardianship application for subject my elderly mother?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Auckland NZ
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, the family are representing ourselves at this moment in time until we raise funds.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We have been served documents which we have 21days to appose - is it alright to use the same avifdavit for each family member? there are 5 of us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: New Zealand Law
8/20/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Chris The Lawyer

Hi I am just reading this now

There isnt a presribed form but you need to file a notice of intention to appear, and file affidavits in support. If you are all opposed you can use the same form to indicate this. Is there a reason you oppose this person named in the application? I will post a form you can used, based on the front page of the documents you have filed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My 32 year old niece has applied for property manager and welfare guardianship as she was brought up by our mother and believes she can do a better job than us 7 siblings including her mother. Her motive is she has formed a unhealthy possessive attachment due to our mother and has engaged a lawyer and served us 7 siblings orders.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The family court have appointed a lawyer to represent my mother however my mother hasn't met or spoke with anyone yet. I am existing EPOA for personal care and welfare - not sure about property however that's being challenged at the moment. My mother has moderate dementia and is currently being looked after by a sister and her husband. She is safe, warm, well fed and clean. We relocated her last week from living on her own to being closer to the family and my niece doesn't like it.

If there is an existing EPOA then there would need to be very good reasons to change this. I would suggest you get a lawyer to oppose but the form to base the appearance on is pasted below-adapt so it looks like the forms served on you

In the District Court

at File No CIV

In the Matter of

Between

Applicant

And

Respondents

NOTICE OF OPPOSITION

>

TAKE notice that (your names) intend to oppose the interlocutory application by the (person making application) dated the [ insert date] and for hearing on the [insert date].

[your names] are opposed to the making of the orders numbered [what is used] in the notice of application.

The grounds on which [your names] opposes the making of the orders are [concisely state grounds].

[your names] relies upon [Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988].

Dated [insert date].

___________________________________________________

Signed by [your names]

To: ***** of the District Court at [Court where this is heard]

And to: ***** *****

Our address for service of documents is at [insert physical address]

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now I remember before providing my visa debit card details that i had a free trial but the email said my card would be debited $48. Do I just copy and paste form on to a word doc?

Yes, you can use this like that. i suggest you take the form down to the court and make sure they are ok with it. You should still preferably instruct a lawyer though

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do thank you. *****'m really worried that I've been charged $48 in error because I thought it was $5.00 and then I saw a free trial posted as well. In my haste I only agreed to the $5.00 fee. what do you suggest I do?

I dont handle the accounting side, just the law. So send a query to***@******.***

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Chris. Bye for now.

I hope this helps

Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer