How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22809
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came to see the doctor at Auckland Uni Hospital because I

Customer Question

I came to see the doctor at Auckland Uni Hospital because I have a little stress with issues at work that are created by someone and not mine.
The doctor asked me about the story, then he said he will do a blood test and a brain scan tomorrow. I was back home, but then I wad to the hospital in order to stay a night over there. They asked me waiting, for than 3 hours. In total, after 6 hours since we see him, waiting for nothing, the doctor forced me to drink a medicine without description. He did not care about how tired our family are, with a little 10 year old boy. I HAVE ALL HIS WRITING AS EVIDENCE WITH DOCTOR NAME AND HIS SIGNATURE.
Then 2 of them from the same department send 1 medicine to my house forced me to drink. I did not take. I feel fine without any medicine. Then they send me a package of spycho medicines without seeing me, in the description are sleeping doses, but they are actually morphines. They even did not do blood test even I came one of their center to ask for blood test. They did not do brain test. I feel fine, and okey without them. However, the way the doctor does is an illegal action, and may kill patients with their unprofessional cure. Please tell me a proper procedure to sue them.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the doctor writing about six hour waiting for nothing and forced me to drink a medicine. I have the package of morphine with my name on it without seeing me. Then their description is a different medicine. They gave me a blood test from, but they did not ask whether the blood test has been done, and what is the result.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I meant blood test form. I'm using mobile, there are some typo
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Are your complaints about the doctors and do you want to know what to do about a complaint to the hospital about them? They have a standard procedure about complaints, and if you want you can also complain to the Health and Disability Commission. Have you ever been treated for stress or psychological problems before?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no I have not had any problem with stress or psychological problems in the whole my life
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do want to complain both doctor and to know about the complaint procedures to complain to the hospital
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Generally you must consent to treatment of any sort and the doctors must tell you what they are giving you as drugs and why they are doing so. So if you are unhappy with what they have done, you should first ask to complain to someone senior at the hospital. If they dont take action and listen to you and give an explanantion which is satisfactory for you, you can complain to the Health and Disability Commission. You can make a complaint online. Here is the site

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

I suggest you look at the site as it will give you some guidence as to how this works

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank Chris, I will look at it and get back if I'm not satisfied
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Great, you can ask further here until you get what you need

Related New Zealand Law Questions