Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Contract Milking. My niece & her partner were contract

Customer Question

Contract Milking. My niece & her partner were contract milking. The owner has 3 farms. Sam was on one & productivity/acceptance improved dramatically. He was moved to a 2nd farm with the same results. My understanding is he wanted to change conditions but this would have disadvantaged Sam. The owner contacted Fonterra & changed the a/c that funds due to Sam were to be paid. Fonterra said the owner couldn't then said he could ? He then said they were responsible for numerous issues with the house but neither he nor his property manager will provide copies of the house inspection reports. They have a young family & worked so hard. As pensioners my husband & I feel this is so unfair but are unable to help them. Is there anywhere they can go for advice & financial assistance to fight this? I feel bankruptcy is their only recourse.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

What is the issue that they need help with? Has he been dismissed and evicted from his home? Is he owed money by the farmer?