How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22888
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am now living in australia. I was divorced in aug 1993. i

Customer Question

Hi, I am now living in australia. I was divorced in aug 1993. i have sine been remarried. I am wanting to get a copy of my divorce papers. how do i do this
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Victoria, but my divorce took place in Hastings New Zealand
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. as I am just wanting a copy for a bank loan
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can write to the Family Court in Hastings and cite the full names of you and ex spouse and the date, and ask for a copy. The contact details for the court are as follows
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hastings District Court.*****West Saint Leonards Hastings 4122. Phone: +64 (6)(###) ###-####

Related New Zealand Law Questions