How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14765
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding supporting a Partnership[de facto(more than 7

Customer Question

Regarding supporting a Partnership[de facto(more than 7 months)] temporary visa.Both of us are in NZ.My work visa expiry : 6th Nov 2016 ; Partners work visa expiry : 21st August 2016. I will be post as a asst. Manager for a food industry on 17th Aug 2016 which will give me 2 years of visa as I'm undergoing as a trainee Now. How can I support my partner for 2 years of visa and Can you please advise us the process that suits our situation, fees, complexity of the application and success rate.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

In this situation you do need to have a partnership of 12 months duration at least. You are probably best to apply for your own work visas on their own merits rather than relying on a partnership, because seven months is not yet enough to show to Immigration that this is a long-term relationship. Many people use an immigration consultant in this situation to help go through the various options. Would you like me to refer you to one?

Related New Zealand Law Questions