How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23054
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please my husband left me and the kids. We're been married

Customer Question

Hello, please my husband left me and the kids. We're been married 23 years, he had an affair so he took off to Australia that's where she is at the moment. To claim child support what shall I do? He even denied his kids now because he does not want to pay child support.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you want to claim child support you apply through Inland Revenue. They will enforce payment of child support against your husband even if he lives in Australia now. There are agreements in place between the Australian and New Zealand government which allows this to be enforced. If you want to apply for child support the site for doing so is here