How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22888
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got divorced many years ago and have lost my divorce

Customer Question

Hi Chris. I got divorced many years ago and have lost my divorce certificate in the many moves since then. I am getting remarried in Australia and need a copy of the certificate asap. My ex husband is Trent ***** ***** my name is Kristen ***** ***** (my maiden name) We were married in Rotorua in July 1991 we were divorced several years later. I cant remember what year probably about 1997 but cant be sure. We were divorced in Rotorua also. I am remarrying September 24 this year and the celebrant here needs papers asap. Hoping you can help.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We are in Queensland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No Apparently I should be access the info I need online
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have two children with my ex. But no issues with child support as they are both grown now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can get another copy of the order dissolving your marriage from the family Court where you were divorced. That would be the Rotorua family Court, and you should write to them with your full name and that of your husband and the approximate date you filed the application dissolving the marriage.

the contact details for the court are-

Rotorua email this court

Physical*****ROTORUA 3046

Postal DX: JX10550

Telephone 0800 268 787, or +64 9(###) ###-####from overseas

Fax 07(###) ###-####/p>


So I suggest you start by emailing the court and asking for a copy, and they may charge a small fee for a replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much I have done all I need to now. You were very helpful
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Great! Glad to help. When you are ready you can rate the answer

Related New Zealand Law Questions