How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently been declined my partnership based visa and

Customer Question

I have recently been declined my partnership based visa and unlawfully in the country whilst I had my court case ongoing which I got convicted for male assaults female,now me and my kiwi wife have only ever been apart for 2 weeks when this male assaults female happened,
I got no penalty from my conviction just a criminal record,
Now I plan on flying out of the country tomorrow because I have no visa what can I do now as my wife will be staying here in New Zealand because we have an apartment together both have jobs here and basically our whole life is here and I really don't know what to do now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Normally when a visa has been refused you have to wait 5 years before you try again. You could apply for a visitors or a work visa but would face the same hurdles of the conviction.

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You do have a right of appeal against the decision to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal at this link

This will enable to get the decision reviewed, and you can do this from your home country. If the appeal is allowed then you could return

Related New Zealand Law Questions