How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14935
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person has a criminal conviction driving is there any

Customer Question

If a person has a criminal conviction for dangerous driving is there any way the conviction can be overturned?
The person is an excellent citizen , no drugs etc were involved, nobody was seriously hurt.
Because of the conviction this person can not now work as a teacher as he is not considered a fit and proper person.
Do we have any avenues to have the criminal conviction removed so this person can work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to get a discharge without conviction, but if this conviction has already been entered some time ago, it is too late for that. If the issue is loss of licence it is possible to apply for a limited licence order to enable them to drive to and from work. Is that the main issue?

Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Normally a conviction like this would not mean he was stopped from being a teacher. Has he been disciplined by the Teachers Council and told to stop teaching?