How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22887
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and daughter are living in Denmark. ..we have an

Customer Question

My wife and daughter are living in Denmark. ..we have an agreed amount I pay for child support but I'm wanting to know what legal requirements are...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You could check the assessed amounts paid under the New Zealand child support scheme which are based on income and expenses. But if you have agreed an amount you can get this recorded in an agreement which can be registered with the Court if you want. But it's not necessary if you both agree on the amount and it is being paid. A written agreement is easy to draw up and doesn't need much formality, although you could also record any child care and contact agreements in one document.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm being told by her that on the first of August 2016 the amount will increase 70 percent. . I'm wanting to know if that is true as I can't find any information to back up what she is saying
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
If this has benn an agreement negotiated between you, then any increase must also be negotiated and agreed. She could be considering seeking a formula assessment under the Child Support Act, but you would be contacted by Inland Revenue if that was the case as they administer that system. But otherwise she cannot just unilaterally impose an increase

Related New Zealand Law Questions