How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22888
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in New Zealand, but have a property in Perth.w.a. Do

Customer Question

Hello, I live in New Zealand, but have a property in Perth.w.a. Do I need to go back to sell this or can it be done through lawyers. It is ex matrimonial property
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to do this at a distance. If you instruct lawyers in Western Australia, they will be able to take all the necessary steps. There are a number of possibilities, but most documents can be sent by courier which if sufficiently urgent can be overnight. You haven't mentioned whether you are briefing a real estate agent, but the similar requirements would apply. You can of course use Skype to have a discussion with your lawyer or even the old-fashioned way of a telephone call as well. And it is easy to send money from Australia once the sale is completed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Glad to help

Related New Zealand Law Questions