New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

If something needs replacing after you have sold your house,

Customer Question
but you were unaware of...
if something needs replacing after you have sold your house, but you were unaware of it at the time of sale, what is your legal obligation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/4/2016
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
A contract for the sale of a house is basically let the buyer beware, as it is up to the buyer to check the state of things, like stoves and hot water cylinders. If norepresentations were made about the item, and you didn't know it was defective and the buyer could have picked this up on inspection then you don't have liability