How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22816
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person holds a partnership visa and entered NZ as such

Customer Question

If a person holds a partnership visa and entered NZ as such but the relationship no longer valid because of a split up, what would both parties do to make it a legal entry. will existing visa be cancelled and how can this be done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The visa is dependent on being in the relationship and so if the relationship is over during the term of the visa, then the visa may come to an end also. This does depend on the wording of the visa, and sometimes it does not matter if the relationship has ended because the partner would have permanent residency. So you need to look at the wording and type of visa

Related New Zealand Law Questions