How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14693
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a licensed sale person and want to become a buyers agent

Customer Question

Hi i'm a licensed sale person and want to become a buyers agent to represent developers and building companies. I want to find them land that they are looking for. I need a lawyer to help me with this to make sure i'm meeting my obligations with the agency I work under and obligations under the REAA.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Would you like a referral to a lawyer to give advice, as I can help with more general questions but recommend someone to get more detailed advice. The principal legislation you need to be concerned about is the Real Estate Agents Act, which I expect you are familiar with, and other legislation such as the Fair Trading Act and likely to need some familiarity with the Resource Management Act and the local council requirements.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like a referral to a local lawyer in New Zealand that specialises in real estate law and works with real estate agents.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Which city are you in?

Related New Zealand Law Questions